E-mail - valid from 3. 3. 2023
- Web browser interface: https://outlook.office.com/
- Supported browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge in current versions
- IMAP protocol (POP3 should be used only in the most urgent cases when IMAP cannot be used)
- Supported apps: MS Outlook 2016 and higher, Mozilla Thunderbird 102.7.1 and higher, others see table
- Incoming mail server: outlook.office365.com (outlook.office.com can also be used)
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.office365.com (smtp.office.com can also be used)
- generally by Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Setup instructions
The original addresses from the @fjfi.cvut.cz domain are preserved. The addresses @something.fjfi.cvut.cz were cancelled!
Each user was given the address firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com. The @fjfi.cvut.cz addresses continue to work and are set as preferred over @cvut.cz addresses by the decision of the faculty management.
- Basic configuration:
- Mailbox size limit Students: 50 GB (license A1)
- Mailbox size limit Employees: 100 GB (license A3)
- Maximum message size (sending/receiving): 35 MB
- Attachment files that may contain executable code are blocked (type exe, bat, ps1, cmd and others), if it is necessary to send this type of file by email, it should be possible as an archive, typically ZIP.
- Some parameters are set differently by the CTU organization from the default parameters listed by Microsoft on its website. Please take the parameters given by Microsoft as a guide only.
- Distribution list - mail is sent to each list member
- Shared mailbox - mailbox that can be accessed by multiple users
- The user did not have an active @cvut.cz mailbox before the migration:
- in this case, the original calendar will be available as the standalone default calendar
- Before the migration, the user had an active @cvut.cz mailbox (he didn't have to use it or had it active just for MS-Teams):
- here the original calendar is usually available as an additional calendar, which is disabled by default
- to make the original calendar visible, just turn this one on
- the situation is complicated by the fact that the original and the new calendar have the same name
- the user can combine the original and the new calendar into one (the new one), for which Microsoft recommends the desktop version of Outlook
- Detailed instructions for the calendar: